Working at Plateforme10
PLATEFORME 10, a public-law foundation, will create a unique space entirely devoted to culture on the site of the former locomotive sheds in Lausanne. It brings together in a single location the Musée cantonal des Beaux-Arts (MCBA), the Musée de l’Elysée (Cantonal Photography Museum), and the mudac (Museum of Contemporary Design and Applied Arts).
(M/F) Director of Photo Elysée - 80-100% (permanent contract)
PLATEFORME 10 is recruiting a
Director (M/F) of the Cantonal Photography Museum (Photo Elysée) - 80-100% (permanent contract)
Main tasks and responsibilities
- To define and implement a development strategy for Photo Elysée by maintaining the identity and uniqueness of the museum while combining it with the identity of Platform 10.
- To define and conduct the strategy of acquisition and the management of its collections as well as the strategy of conservation and inventory of the collections.
- As a member of the Executive committee of Plateforme 10 foundation, to participate in the strategic and operational direction of the Foundation and actively contribute to defining the general program of cultural activities of the Foundation and to propose an exhibit program for Photo Elysée.
- To set the scientific orientations of the museum and to decide on the research programs and scientific publications.
- To promote the museum's activities and encourage encounters with the public.
- To coordinate and harmonize the communication of Photo Elysée.
- To represent Photo Elysée to all internal and external partners and to contribute to the museum’s repute at local, national, and international levels.
- To strengthen partnerships with cultural institutions and actors and to ensure relations with the Elysée Foundation.
- You have a university title in a field related to photography or equivalent experience with additional training in cultural management or museology.
- A background in management and/or project management is expected.
- You have at least 10 years of proven experience in the management of a comparable cultural institution.
- Excellent command of French and very good knowledge of English and German are required for this position.
- You have a sense of responsibility and public service ethics, an ability to adapt and be flexible combined with active listening skills as well as ease in communication and human relations.
- You demonstrate leadership and creativity.
Salary grade: 15
Start date: 01.03.2022 or to be agreed
If you recognize yourself in this profile, we invite you to send us your application with a curriculum vitae, certificates, and diplomas to the address below by January 10, 2022 at the latest.
Chemin de Mornex 3bis
Information from Mr. Patrick Gyger, General Manager Plateforme 10, email@example.com